Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Healthy Apple Muffins

I got this recipe from a teacher, she made it in class and I really liked it.  So I got the recipe and modified it, my family loved them.  These apple muffins have a touch of sweetness and can be perfect for any occasion.  I have to say, I was a little iffy about the recipe when I modified it, because almond extract can smell really strong.  At the end they ended up fine.  These muffins have a slightly grainy taste because of the 1 cup wheat flour but can easily be fixed by adding 1 cup white flour instead.  Enjoy!







Makes 12 muffins


Apple Muffins

1/4 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 cup white flour(all purpose works too)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon yogurt
1 drop almond extract
1 apple


1.Preheat oven to 400

2.Stand mixer(hand works too) mix butter, egg and milk.
3..Mix in white flour, wheat flour, sugar,baking powder, salt, cinnamon, vanilla extract, yogurt, and almond extract. Stir well.
4.Add in apple.
5.Drop in muffin pan, bake for 15 min.

Remember if you don't want too much of a grainy flavor add 1 cup white flour and 1/2 cup wheat flour.  This recipe also works well with other fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment