Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

8 Things to Do to Clear Your Mind

Sometimes it can be hard to cool down after a bad day.  It's perfectly natural to be tired, or stressed out!  I come home, and most of the time, I NEED to cool down badly, sometimes for something that has made me angry.  Anyway, these suggestions might just help you feel a lot better:

1. Drink Some Green Tea- I was once told that a  cup of hot green tea is packed with antioxidants.  Herbal green tea is the best, make sure your tea isn't caffeinated.  Plus, I did read once that green tea speeds up weight loss.  I personally like to use organic sugar.


2. Do Something you Love- When I need to clear my mind I do want I love, writing!  Simply drawing a sketch of someone or something will clear your mind.  Many people go ahead and learn something new.  This will help you get your mind off of things because, you would only be concentrating on what you're doing.


3. Listen To Music- The faint sound of music can bring your emotions to ease.


4. Take a Nap- There is nothing wrong with flopping down on your bed.  In fact I've actually started doing that a lot.  All it takes is a 30 minute nap, and you wake up alert and refreshed.


5. Exercise- Walk over to the nearest park and take a walk or run. 


6. Go Shopping!- Nothing's better than going to an ice cream store, frozen shop, or mall when you feel low.  Browse the shelves, you don't have to buy anything.  Call some of your friends to come with you.  After all,  nobody wants to shop alone.


7. Write It Down- Write down how you're feeling, why you feel this way, and what you can do to make yourself feel better.  Or, if somebody has upset you, act as if you're are writing a letter to them as if they will be reading it (they won't see it at all) then recycle it.


8. Do Something for You Community- Whether you are helping out at your local food cupboard, or mowing a neighbors lawn, it shows you care!  You could even start a clean up project for your neighborhood.


Have fun, smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment