Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Applesauce Cookies

Applesauce Cookies


From as long as I can remember, I have been relying on the internet for some of my recipes(other than my family ones).  I decided some time ago that I want to make up my own, every time someone has a recipe on their site or blog, they seem to have made it up themselves.  If I'm going to have this blog, I think I'll start making up my own as well, and I'll test and test until my creation is perfect!  This is one of my first recipes and is sooo easy to whip up.  These cookies are perfect for parties, and my sister say's it would serve as a good muffin( I don't know if that would work though).  These cookies remind me of a quiet, happy family gathering, of home, and something about it makes it perfect for any season.  When I tell you how much flour I used, you'll think I'm crazy, but look no farther for a yummy cookie recipe.  Enjoy!

Make: yield 16 large cookies
Preheat oven to: 350 degrees
Bake for: 14 minutes or until golden brown

Applesauce Cookies
1 small container Mott's apple-peach applesauce( I used apple-peach, you might be able to use one that suits your taste like mixed berry) (approx: 1 cup)
1 cup and a tablespoon flour(This is right)
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter(softened)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt


Cream the sugar and butter together, in a separate bowl beat the egg until light and fluffy-add to creamed sugar.  Next, add vanilla extract to the bowl. Slowly mix in flour, baking powder, and salt.  Finally pour in the applesauce and mix the ingredients together.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Line baking sheets (pan) with aluminum foil, and drop cookie batter(it will be thin, this is fine.) on to the foil keeping them 2 inches apart.   Bake for 14 min. or until they are slightly brown.  This recipe makes about 16 large cookies.


Things to remember:
These cookies taste the best while they're still warm.
1 cup and a tbsp is the perfect amount because it doesn't make the batter too tough or too watery.
Tell me what you think about these cookies in the comments below! Eat happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment