Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

High Fructose Corn Syrup-The Things You Didn't Bother to Check!

The Scary Truth About High Fructose Corn Syrups in Your Food!

Foodie?  Guilty.  Dessert Lover? Guilty.  Health nut, yes!  So what is high fructose corn syrup?  I suppose that you can call it a type of chemical sweetener.  Before you start reading, you might want some background, since I can't really explain it. (THIS IS NOT MY ARTICLE!)http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/88/6/1716S.full 
How many of you read the ingredients on the food you're buying?  Here I've been, getting whole grain bread from the store which is supposed to be healthy.  Once the bread was purchased and of course after I had opened it, I read the ingredients.  High Fructose Corn Syrup really? Anywho, I went through the pantry and looked at the ingredients for items I thought might have corn syrup and most importantly, high fructose.  Watch out and remember to read the ingredients!
Applesauce, not pointing fingers, however, most store brands seem to have it, and other brands as well.
Powdered drink mixes, those surprisingly have corn syrup.
Granola bars, you wouldn't think right?  Granola, the word screams healthy to me, apparently not.
The ice cream syrups, why does this not surprise me?
Ice Cream's as well, and I love ice cream!
Crackers!  Simple butter crackers!
Don't forget that even some breads, hamburger buns, and wraps have high fructose.
I'm pretty sure that if you looked you could most likely find a cereal with it.
It is so easy to buy something with high fructose or even regular corn syrup, it's almost everywhere   Basically, what I'm trying to say is: be careful of what you are buying, and remember to read the ingredients!
Like A Sweet Load on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment