Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Biscoff French Toast Roll-Ups

So I'm sure most of us have seen these:
It's perfectly fine if you haven't, I actually came across these for the first time on Pinterest a few weeks ago.  But I couldn't help it, I thought to myself I must modify this recipe!  Granted, I know, not my best picture taking skills, I know, I know, I can do better..but do you want to hear about my modification or what??  Anywho, this recipe looked a tiny bit sweet for my taste so I changed it up a smidge.  You guys know what Biscoff Cookie spread is?  I, for the record am obsessed with it.  This recipe called for nutella, jam, cream cheese etc.  I figured why not biscoff?!  So here it is my not too sweet version of french toast roll ups.  Happy eating, don't forget to like A Sweet Load on Facebook and subscribe above :D

Biscoff French Toast Roll-ups

Ingredients
10 slices of bread without crust
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of biscoff cookie spread (1 teaspoon for each piece of bread)
oil or butter

In a small bowl, beat the eggs, add the milk, and sugar.  Flatten the bread with a rolling pin.  Spread some biscoff at the edge of the bread and roll the bread up, if the roll opens, put some biscoff at the other end as well.  Dip the bread in the egg mixture.  Melt butter on the stove in a pan and place the roll up on the side that has the 'seam', cook all sides until golden and the egg is cooked.  Put the roll ups on a paper towel to get out any excess butter.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment