Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's a New Year! 2014!

2014- The Year of; Anything's Possible!

So, winter break!  Oh that was a lovely one.  Sadly, it came and now it's gone  as well as 2013 :'(  But that's okay..welcome 2014!  I have this feeling that I'm still going to be writing 2013 by accident!  Don't we all though? :)  So I have a motto this year; anything is possible.  What are your new year's resolutions?  Comment below and don't forget to like A Sweet Load on Facebook!


So I have a very exciting piece of news!  We recently bought a kitchen-aide stand mixer.  Oh yeah, I've been dreaming of this baby ever since it came out.....(maybe you should leave me alone with the mixer for a minute, haha kidding!)  Anywho, I used this baby for the first time to make croissant dough!  Wow, I know right?  I looovveee croissants!  Soft, butter layers....  So much less work thanks to my new friend here!  I used my book 'Baking with Julia' like last time.  I don't know if you remember, the last I made croissants was in August, August 13, 2013 to be exact :)  I don't make them often for 2 reasons; 1 being that it's so time consuming, 2 being that I would hate to get sick of them!  I'll be posting the croissant recipe soon!  I have a boat load of fun for us in future upcoming posts.  But for now, have a safe and happy new year, and as always Happy eating!


1 comment: