Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

So we are now on day 7 of our new year!  Wow, only 7 days?!  So don't hate on me when I say this, but I don't like peanut butter plain, wait, just hear me out...I love peanut butter cookies and Reese's.  Love 'em really, I'm just not a huge fan of peanut butter sandwiches and eating peanut butter in spoonfuls, heck, I don't like it since it's not that sweet!  Now add sugar to that peanut butter and you've got me!  So anywho, I wouldn't normally have peanut butter in my house, so what was it doing in my pantry you may ask?  Well, an uncle of mine doesn't like peanut butter, at all!  Naturally, he would want to get rid of it, that's were I come into play.  I thought hmm.. 'I'm sure some of my readers would love a great recipe for peanut butter cookies'  And here I am, with this recipe.  I adapted this recipe from a post found on http://www.culinarycoutureblog.com/2013/01/four-ingredient-chewy-peanut-butter-cookies.html  And modified it to suit my taste, All I did was add a few extras,not much though.  Don't forget to search A Sweet Load on Facebook and like the fan page!  Happy eating!

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat oven to 350
Makes yield 1 1/2 dozen

Ingredients
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg

1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used dark)

Preheat the oven the 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a bowl cream the peanut butter and sugar together until the mixture in light and creamy.  Beat the egg and incorporate it with the mixture.  Add the vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt.  Gently fold in the chocolate chips, chill for *10-15 minutes.  Shape into approx. 3 ounce balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet 2-3 inches apart from one another.  Bake at 350 for about 9 minutes or until they are lightly brown on the edges.  *Let the cookies cool for about 2 minutes before eating them.

Notes:
You don't need to chill the dough, but I would suggest to ensure a soft cookie
You must let these cookies cool because if you try to pick one up as soon as it comes out of the oven, it will break {trust me, I've tried!}

No comments:

Post a Comment