Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentine's Day Heart Biscuits


I originally wanted to call this post Valentine's Day Salty Hearts instead of sweet hearts, but I didn't know if people would get it.  Anywho, remember how I was really depressed that my camera wasn't working?  Well with a good night's sleep and a fitful shove into the sd card slot, I did it.  I present to you my dear friends, the heart shaped baking powder biscuit!  Mmmm..I broke open these biscuits and spread them with butter. Right. Away.  I love them with melted butter.  So you're probably wondering, all of the other blogs you will see, are doing some kind of sweet treat for Valentine's Day, it's perfectly natural to wonder why I'm not.  Well to be honest, I felt a little left out, everyone was doing Valentine's posts and I was still sitting here wondering what to do.  I know that I wanted to cut down on my sugar intake because I've been baking sweet stuff all week, I know Valentine's day is a day for chocolates and what nots, but sadly and I don't know how this is possible, some people don't like sweet too much.


I know, crazy right?  But I want to respect everyone's opinions and I thought this year I would change things up a smidge :) I hope you guys don't mind.  
Don't forget to like A Sweet Load on Facebook!  Happy eating!



Heart Baking Powder Biscuits
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit racks in the middle
Serves 3-4 people
Bake for 12-15 minutes

Ingredients
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1/3 cup shortening
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt



Preheat oven to 425
Mix the dry ingredients together, split the 1/3 of shortening into 5 pieces and roll them around in the flour mixture.  Rub the shortening and flour mixture together to form small crumbs, it's okay to have a few big chunks.  Add the milk and toss with a fork to moisten the mixture.  Knead on a floured surface 10 times ONLY and roll out a 9 inches circle and cut biscuits with a heart shaped cutter.  Place on a greased baking sheet.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.

Notes:
These taste amazing warm!
If the dough is too sticky to even put on the kneading surface add a small amount of flour.
Great with butter as well!
Like A Sweet Load on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment