Search This Blog

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Baked Ziti

Dear friends, I love baked ziti.  I honestly can't remember when my obsession started, but it was recently!  I got a few recipes online but I decided not to go with them.  Instead I saw a recipe for Baked Ziti on the back of the pasta box.  No, I did not go with that recipe either.  However, it gave me an idea.  I mixed the amounts myself, I was my own boss with the measurements.  Sure, the mixer looked pink when I mixed together the sauce and ricotta cheese.  But this was the most amazing thing I have ever tasted, nor did I know I would be able to pull it off.  Waiting for it to cook in the oven.... waiting and waiting.  And finally, after a forty minute wait, just like that, the Baked Ziti was finished.  I ran out to my dad and sister, who where out fixing the car, and screamed "Lunch is ready!"  Maybe they were hungry, or just as anxious to try it as I was.  The results were really surprising because it was really amazing.  I will definitely use this recipe a lot.  Thanks to other online recipes, I was able to make up my own.  Baked Ziti is the perfect party food that will leave your guests begging for more.  What are you waiting for?  Dig in!  Happy Eating! 




























Serves: 6-8 people
Preheat oven: 375 degrees fahrenheit
Ingredients:
12 ounces cooked ziti pasta
2 (15 ounce) cans Italian Herb Tomato Sauce
15 ounce package ricotta cheese
8 ounce packet mozzarella cheese (shredded)

Cook the pasta as you regularly would.  After draining the water from the pasta keep it in the pot.  Make sure there is no heat on the stove.  Mix in the ricotta cheese and both cans of Italian Herb Sauce.  Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese into the mixture.  In a 6 x 12 glass pan (greased) pour in the mixture.  Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the mixture and place in the oven (375 degrees) with the racks in the center.  Cook for about 40 minutes or until bubbly.
Notes:
Baked ziti tastes best hot
Do not eat it right out of the oven, let it cool
Like A Sweet Load on facebook!    

1 comment: