Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Baked Spicy Fries


I think we all struggle with the problem of wanting to eat but not wanting to get fat.  I’m guilty I admit it!
 So I want to eat healthier, I think we all do right, I mean everyone loves junk I can rattle off my list of favorite unhealthy things if you want:
  • CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!
  • Graham Slam Ice cream (I am a sucker for that)
  • Cookies in general
  • French fries
  • Did I mention cookies already???
  • This list will gone on forever if I continue, I"ll just stop now :)
Let me give you an example; yesterday I came home early from school because of a half day, the whole time I was in school I kept thinking how dead set I was on getting home and having graham slam ice cream.  When I got home that's exactly what I did.  I had a good amount and then I realized hmmm I think I want some more and I took a very very generous serving!  See?!  We try so hard but tend to stray sometimes.  And many of us like french fries, baked fries are sooo much healthier than the fried ones!  Plus I like spicy things, so I came up with this recipe.

This recipe is extremely easy to make.  I don't mean to brag but these are really delicious, even my sister liked it!  And she doesn't tend to like most of the things I make!  Happy Eating!  Like A Sweet Load on Facebook!  You can also follow me on Instagram @_kubarah


Spicy Fries-Baked
Ingredients
3 medium sized potatoes
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Dash of coriander powder
Dash of oregano flakes (optional)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.  Cover a few baking sheets with aluminum. 
Peel and cut the potatoes into strips that resemble french fries, wash them and drain the water.  In a medium or small bowl mix the spices together.  Add the potato strips into the spice mixture until they are coated.  Spread the fries on the pan.  Bake for 10-15 minutes DO NOT BURN THE SPICES!!

***Warning:
You may find these fries very spicy

No comments:

Post a Comment