Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sugar Cookie Cobbler


July brings some of of my favorite things, birthdays, sun, vacation, grilling, ice cream, ice cream, ice cream..oh.. I said that more than once..right, okay well another thing, PEACHES.  As a kid, I always loved family trips to the orchard, I remember traveling forty minutes in the hot car, and we still do.  Although this year, we were unfortunately unable to due to the low amount of rainfall this year.  Thus, we had to go to a different orchard, but who cares??  In the end, we got peaches!

Now two full baskets of peaches is great, butttt there is a slight problem; they get bad quickly.  So I decided to test out a new recipe for a peach cobbler.  Now I didn't think my mixture was thick enough, so I added more flour.  I ended up with a cookie tasting cobbler, but I wasn't complaining, it was YUM!  My sister, who is not a huge fan of sweet treats loved it, that was enough to tell me that this recipe was postable (is that even a word?)



Now this post was extremely late in coming.  Why?  None other than the fact that my computer is being a douche and completely hates me.  In short?  I have the worst luck -_-  but I'm assuming I'll be able to post this eventually because I assume you're reading this?

Urgh, enjoy anyway, happy eating, I'm extremely sorry for the lateness of this post!  All social media links can be found in the About section.

Sugar Cookie Peach Cobbler

Ingredients:
3 Peaches
1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1 cup, minus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 cup flour
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease a 8x9 baking dish.  Peel and slice peaches and lay them in the dish.  Cream the butter and sugar in a separate bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. The mixture should resemble cookie dough.  Pour the dough over the peaches and bake for 25-40 minutes until the top is golden.  Wait 5 minutes to cool and slice and serve with whipped cream



No comments:

Post a Comment