Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Banana Blueberry Muffins

I have recently made a switch, to more real food.  No fear, I still bake cookies, cakes, decorate.  This was just one of those things though, healthy!  My mom got this recipe from a friend, and we've used it every since.  Sometimes I use it just to make banana bread.  These make delicious muffins, although cranberries taste much better with the banana.  As you know, to my despair, it's not cranberry season!  Now, I can always use dried cranberries and plump them up in water, but the tart taste would never be the same.  Therefore, I looked for raspberries, apparently, it's not raspberry season either!  If they are sold in the store, they are very expensive for a small carton.  So there I was berry-less and it hit me, Blueberries!  These make a tasty treat and I am sure that you will be very happy with it. Don't forget, A Sweet Load is on facebook!  Happy eating!


Your banana's should be really ripe.  Not rotten though!


I used a potato masher to mash up the bananas


In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients


In the same bowl that you mashed the bananas in, add wet ingredients


Fold in the dry mixture


Mix in the blueberries


Enjoy!





























































































































































































Banana Blueberry muffins
Makes: 24 muffins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
Bake for: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

3 eggs
2 1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
3 bananas (very ripe)
2/3 cup yogurt
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
6-8 oz blueberry carton (don't forget to wash them)
How to:
With a potato masher, mash the bananas well.  In a separate bowl, mix the flour,sugar, baking powder, and baking soda together.  Go back to the bowl with the bananas, add the yogurt, oil, and eggs.  Fold the dry mixture into the banana mixture.  Do this slowly, make sure that there are no batter balls.  Add the blueberries.  Line a muffin pan with muffin cups and scoop even amounts of batter in each cup (I used a ice cream scoop).  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment