Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend and Perfect Pie Crust

As we know, it was memorial day on Monday.  I had a long weekend, yes, I would get to sleep in!  I kept myself busy: apple pie, fro-yo at Go Bananas, grilling (naan and spiced chicken with corn on the cob)!  This was the first time ever making apple pie for me, and I really like the crust, however I thought that the inside was a little sweet (even for my taste).  The important thing was that my family really like it, I think my sister had 3 pieces in one day!  This is an amazing crust recipe that my mother cut out of a newspaper a while ago.  It is titled "perfect pie crust" and it really is perfect!  Now the frozen yogurt, I got mango pomegranate and cookies n cream with strawberries and granola.  I loved the mango pomegranate and we all know that cookies and cream is my usual.  You've gotta give it to me though, I stopped getting oreos as a topping because I want to keep my teeth clean.  And last but not least, the grilling, for as long as I can remember, I've been riding my bike every time we grill.  The menu: grilled spiced chicken, indian naan bread, and grilled corn on the cob.  Don't forget to like A Sweet Load on facebook!
Apple pie

Naan and chicken

Chicken
   Apple Pie recipe soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment