Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Easy Ketchup Fried Carrot Spaghetti



I've been making up my own recipes for sometime now.  As you know, it's usually with baking.  I decided to change that up by making a pasta.  Have you ever tried to fry carrots with ketchup?  I'm surprised that I have never done it before, it is soooo yummy!  Once you add a few kale leaves for that extra crispness, if you know what I mean.  This recipe will make an excellent and simple dinner for two, and if doubled, a whole family.  I liked my pasta extra spicy with a few tomatoes.  The tricky part is to not burn the spices.  I added a little premade chicken and it made the pasta really good!  You can also make this pasta healthy by using whole grain pasta.  I would say that this recipe only takes about 5-10 minutes, if the pasta is premade.  I won't hold you up any more, and I hope you enjoy this pasta recipe!  Happy eating!  Don't forget to like A Sweet Load on Facebook!

Easy Ketchup Fried Carrot Spaghetti
1/4 cup premade spaghetti
1/4 cup onion
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
1/8 cup ketchup
half of a large carrot
half of a plum tomato
5 kale leaves
oil
water
chicken(optional)

Make the spaghetti as you usually do.  Coat the bottom of the saucepan with oil and start to fry the onions.  Fry the onions until they are a golden color and mix in the chili powder and turmeric.  Make sure that the spices do not stick or burn!  Cut the carrot and plum tomato in small pieces and add them to the saucepan.  Pour in the 1/8 cup of ketchup and fry for about 2 minutes.  Add a thin layer of water, mix in the kale and then close the top for about 2 -3 minutes.  Once the water is dry, add the tablespoon of ketchup and fry for another minute.  Sprinkle the salt of the mixture and add the spaghetti.  Add chicken if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment