Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chocolate-Covered-Pretzel Rice Pudding, Cannolis, and a Beautiful Autumn Sky


I honestly can't say that my family was especially excited to hear this idea-chocolate-covered-pretzel rice pudding.  What can I say though, my imagination and creativity run wild sometimes...  Now, this picture is not the best, sorry, however, the pudding is a lot better than it looks.  I made my own chocolate pretzels-which will explain the chocolate chunks.  Anywho,  I'm don't know how this hit me, but its been on my to-try list for quite a while now along with oatmeal recipes.  First of all, I love chocolate pretzels!  Rice pudding is another favorite, so, why not combine them?  The point was, what've I got to lose, right?  Other than a few pretzels...and chocolate...and rice...milk.. :)  I made the mistake of putting the pretzels in the pudding while it was still hot, yeah...don't do that.  I've done some searches, and I will tell you, not many or any at all for that matter, chocolate-covered-pretzel rice puddings.  That is why this is so different and I hope you like them!  I adapted the rice pudding recipe from one of my favorite magazine sites-Taste of Home.  The pretzels were my idea.  Like A Sweet Load on Facebook and/or subscribe to email!  Happy eating!

Serves 2-3 people
Chocolate Pretzels (you can buy from the store)
1/2 cup pretzels
1/2 cup chopped milk or semisweet chocolate
1 tablespoon water

Rice Pudding
1 cup cooked long grain rice
1 cup milk
5-6 tablespoon sugar
a dash of salt
a drop of vanilla extract

Melt the  chocolate and mix in the water until it's well combined.  Dipped the pretzels in the chocolate mixture and let them cool.  Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan add the rice, milk, sugar, and salt.  Cook until the milk starts to evaporate and the pudding becomes thick, this should take about 15-20 minutes.  Once the mixture thickens, slowly drop in the vanilla extract, set the pudding aside to cool.
Once the pretzels and pudding cool,  mix them together.
Notes:
This pudding should be eaten the day of or the pretzels will get soggy.
Make sure both the pretzels and pudding are cooled before you mix them together
Like A Sweet Load on Facebook and visit again!


I had the day off on Tuesday so I made cannolis with my mom.  She fried and I rolled and molded.  We filled them with the chocolate-covered-pretzel rice pudding.














I took this picture of the autumn sky today.  This was taken during/close to sunset.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment