Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2013

Banana Cranberry Bread/Muffins and Party Candy Corn Cookies

I don't celebrate Halloween, however, a friend of mine had a Halloween themed birthday party so I had to make something!  I came up with this idea as I was pondering what to do?  It has to be creative, not too simple, I like a challenge.  Honestly, I'm not sure how I pulled out this idea but hey, it worked out!  What do you think about the decorated candy corn cookies?  Email me at asweetload@gmail.com, post a comment on this blog, or post a comment on the A Sweet Load fan page on Facebook.  Since the cookies were small, I couldn't make a huge design or one that was to tedious, these took me about and hr and a half to ice with glaze.  The original plan was to use white chocolate but my friend isn't a huge fan of white chocolate.  And here I am, explaining about the cookie decorations, and yet, I haven't told you what type of cookies they are!  These are called surprise cookies, you bite into the cookie and in the center there is mostly always a different flavored surprise!  I used different chocolate varieties such as Krackle, Mr. Goodbars, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and had hoped to use Twix (unfortunately not...).  We all downed the cookies with some milk, yum!


Banana Cranberry Bread/Muffins
What can I say?  I have a love for banana bread!  Especially banana cranberry, I love cranberries!  But in the U.S., cranberries only appear in the store around October, November, and if you're very lucky-December.  So when I first saw that Walmart had stocked up on their cranberries (oceanspray brand)  I had to buy a couple..... okay, maybe enough to last me a year, until next October :)  This recipe has been with my mom and myself for years, it's still written on that old crinkled-from-water-paper!  I think I've made it clear through my posts that I love banana bread with almost anything!  I must say, the sweet and sour taste of the combination is very alluring.  The scent itself makes you want to  eat the bread or muffins right out of the oven!  Like A Sweet Load on Facebook.  Happy Eating!
Sorry, the pictures aren't the best!

Ingredients
Follow recipe for banana blueberry muffins http://asweetload.blogspot.com/2013/05/banana-blueberry-muffins.html swap the blueberries for cranberries.  If you are making muffins, bake them for 40=45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.  If you are making two loaves, bake the loaves for 50-60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.  Do the rest of the recipe as follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment