Search This Blog

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Apple Milkshake

That summer weather has finally started to kick in.  We've had more than 2 weeks of sunny warm weather!  And I'm on a healthy diet until Tuesday.  Tuesday, I have one of my biggest track meets, so that means absolutely NO ice cream for me.  I need to cool down, it was so hot!  So then there's this milkshake...

I remember my mom making this milkshake when I was younger and we would go on vacation to India.  The weather there was unbearably hot, not counting mosquitoes.  I always used to ask for this milkshake.  It was an easy way to cool down with something healthy.

Apple Milkshake
Serves 2-3 people

Ingredients:
2 apples, cut DO NOT PEEL THEM
1 1/4 -- 1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 -- 1/2 cup granulated sugar

Wash and cut the apples, I used red delicious, but it doesn't matter as long as you don't use a tart apple.  Blend the apples with the milk in the blender.  Add the sugar and blend once more.  Empty the juice into glass cups and drink up!


No comments:

Post a Comment